Advocate Prasanna S. on GDPR
Recently mandated GDPR regulations are taking the internet by storm. Learn what the GDPR is? Why is it critical for Indian companies who wish to do business with the European Union?
Today in conversation, we have Coder turned Lawyer Prasanna S. This conversation aims to familiarise you with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulations. How EU’s Data Protection regime will affect your business? How you can comply with it. Join us in this interesting conversation to learn about the burning topic.
We think we will be able to comply with GDPR with a positive impact for users and publishers and advertisers, and so our business.Sundar Pichai
- 1. Introduction
- Q. 1 What is GDPR all about?
- Q. 2 Is the GDPR regulatory or directory and what is its impact?
- Q. 3 Who has to comply with the GDPR?
- 2. Protecting personal data
- Q. 4 What do we mean by personal data?
- Q. 5 What are my rights over my own data and how can I ask for it?
- Q. 6 What do the term "Data Processor" and "Data Controller" mean?
- Q. 7 As a company what are the legal steps to collect my data?
- Q. 8 What can companies and the government do to secure data?
- 3. Getting consent to collect data
- Q. 9 What are the requirements for a valid consent under GDPR?
- Q. 10 How does one get a child's consent?
- Q. 11 What is the level of burden to show proof of consent?
- Q. 12 Can one revoke consent and opt out of automated individual decision making?
- 4. Breach and compliance
- Q. 13 What can one do in case of a data breach, and what are the applicable fines?
- Q. 14 What are the tools available to make a company GDPR compliant?
- 5. What next?
- Q. 15 When can we expect a law like GDPR?
Learn all about the General Data Protection Regulation. Learn how it will impact your business and Data Protection Laws across the world. This is an important topic in the wake of the recent BN Srikrishna Committee report on data protection in India. During this talk, Prasanna aims to answer the doubts that plague most young lawyers or law students on GDPR.
In this talk you’ll learn to:
- Understand what is GDPR
- How GDPR will affect your business
- Why as an Indian Company you need to be compliant with GDPR
Prasanna S. is a Delhi-based lawyer. Prior to commencing his law practice, he worked for nearly 10 years writing, designing and architecting software, having had a background and degree in computer science and engineering from the College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University. He commenced legal practice five years ago after earning his three-year LLB from the Campus Law Centre, Faculty of Law, Delhi University. He assisted the Petitioners’ side in the Aadhaar cases before the Supreme Court.
Advocate Charu Mathur has a rich and diverse expertise on corporate, commercial, civil, criminal and constitutional matters. She is Advocate on Record Supreme Court of India. Advocate Mathur is a regular practitioner before the Hon'ble Supreme Court and represented parties which include cricketing bodies and educational institutions like IIT Jodhpur, NLU Jodhpur, BPUT Orissa, MPUAT Rajasthan, private engineering and medicine colleges of Gujarat and Orissa.